- ABC saw post-premiere drops from all three of its week-ago shows, with The Middle probably the most unsettling of the three, but they still had a good night thanks to the very strong premiere of Suburgatory, which was up big from The Middle and was in a close race with Survivor for second at 8:30. That's a much better start than either of The Middle's previous companions in the 8:00 hour, Hank (2.1 on 9/30/09) and Better with You (2.5 on 9/22/10).
- Leading out of Modern Family (down just 7% from last week's average and just 5% from what it got in the 9:00 half hour) was the season premiere of Happy Endings, which scored a series high but dropped 46% from Modern Family. Not quite sure yet what to make of that performance and probably need to see more.
- At 10:00 ABC had Revenge, which dropped much less than expected (18%) considering its lead-in was three full points weaker. This is probably a very encouraging week two for the show. It was still within spitting distance of CSI and well ahead of Law and Order: SVU in the 10:00 race.
- NBC saw further drops from Up All Night and Free Agents, the latter of which is probably gonna get canned later today.
- The X Factor was down just three ticks from its 4.4 week-ago premiere. Not too bad, but the show remains a disappointment relative to expectations.
- The CDub was on the upswing with H8R tying its high.
I wonder if there were baseball preemptions?Apparently not! Congrats to H8R!
|Up All Night||5.32||2.1||6||51%||-13%||n/a||n/a||-31%||3/3||2.10|
|Law and Order: SVU||7.24||2.1||5||37%||-13%||+75%||+0%||-13%||2/2||1.97|
|X Factor Wed||11.86||4.1||11||44%||-7%||n/a||n/a||-7%||2/2||4.24|
|America's Next Top Model||1.76||0.8||2||58%||+14%||+33%||+50%||+0%||2/3||0.80|
KEY (with much more detail at the New Daily Spotted Ratings page):
Viewers - The total number of viewers (age 2+, in millions) that watched the program.
A18-49 - Adults 18-49 rating. Percentage of US TV-owning adults 18-49 watching the program.
Share - Adults 18-49 share. Percentage of US TV-watching adults 18-49 watching the program.
Skew - Percentage of the total audience that falls in the 18-49 demo.
Last - A18-49 percent difference from previous episode.
Lead - A18-49 percent difference from lead-in program.
LeLa - A18-49 percent difference between the show's lead-in and its lead-in for the previous episode.
Avg - A18-49 percent difference from the show's average demo for previous original episodes this season.
Rank - The A18-49 rating's rank among the show's episodes that have aired so far this season.
TRUE - True Strength, a metric developed last summer that adjusts the A18-49 rating for overall viewing levels, competition and lead-in.
(R) - Repeat.
More Spotted Ratings in the Index.