- The CW premiered The Secret Circle to, like Ringer (1.2 on Tuesday), decent but unspectacular results on Thursday. It also scored a 1.9 in the W18-34 demo, three ticks ahead of Ringer's Tuesday results. That means the last five CDub scripted premieres dating back to Life Unexpected have all posted 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4. For the Britt Robertson fans, Circle edged the LUX premiere (1.2) in 18-49 but was weaker in W18-34 (where LUX got a 2.5).
- Leading in was CW's The Vampire Diaries. The 1.5 A18-49 was down a tenth from last year's premiere and up a tenth from last season's finale. In women 18-34, TVD was down more steeply year-to-year (2.3 this year vs. 2.9 last year, -21%)
- Elsewhere on broadcast, we enter the calm before the regular season storm for the next few days. The two-hour finale of Wipeout got its best numbers since June 23.
- For those into reading the repeat tea leaves, the next-night 8:30 encore of Up All Night made a nice jump out of Community, while Free Agents at 9:30 did a bit better in raw numbers but lost ground from The Office and was Truly weaker.
- Forgot to mention this in the prelims, but The Big Bang Theory did huge work in the 8:00 hour by repeat standards. These numbers are similar to what CBS got out of Big Bang for a two-hour repeat marathon on the last Thursday of last summer. That translated into a whooping 4.9 demo for the premiere the next week.
|Grey's Anatomy (SR)||3.01||1.0||3||44%||n/a||-57%||n/a||n/a||1/1||0.61|
|The Big Bang Theory (SR)||8.22||2.3||8||37%||+35%||n/a||n/a||+32%||1/18||2.51|
|The Big Bang Theory (SR)||8.78||2.6||8||39%||+53%||+13%||+35%||+49%||1/19||2.80|
|The Mentalist (SR)||7.96||1.5||4||25%||+67%||-42%||+8%||+22%||3/17||1.12|
|Up All Night (R)||2.51||1.0||3||52%||n/a||+67%||n/a||n/a||1/1||1.14|
|The Office (SR)||3.11||1.4||4||59%||+56%||+40%||+67%||+41%||1/17||1.33|
|Free Agents (R)||2.38||1.1||3||61%||n/a||-21%||n/a||n/a||1/1||0.95|
|Law & Order: SVU (SR)||3.04||0.8||2||35%||-50%||-27%||-63%||-26%||7/10||0.62|
|The Vampire Diaries||3.10||1.5||5||64%||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1/1||1.72|
|The Secret Circle||3.05||1.3||4||56%||n/a||-13%||n/a||n/a||1/1||1.13|
KEY (with much more detail at the New Daily Spotted Ratings page):
Viewers - The total number of viewers (age 2+, in millions) that watched the program.
A18-49 - Adults 18-49 rating. Percentage of US TV-owning adults 18-49 watching the program.
Share - Adults 18-49 share. Percentage of US TV-watching adults 18-49 watching the program.
Skew - Percentage of the total audience that falls in the 18-49 demo.
Last - A18-49 percent difference from previous episode.
Lead - A18-49 percent difference from lead-in program.
LeLa - A18-49 percent difference between the show's lead-in and its lead-in for the previous episode.
Avg - A18-49 percent difference from the show's average demo for previous original episodes this season.
Rank - The A18-49 rating's rank among the show's episodes that have aired so far this season.
TRUE - True Strength, a metric developed last summer that adjusts the A18-49 rating for overall viewing levels, competition and lead-in.
(R) - Repeat. (For this week, "(oR)" denotes other-night repeat and "(SR)" denotes summer-season repeat.)
More Spotted Ratings in the Index.