- CBS was back from its March Madness hiatus with a new occupant in the 10/9c hour: reality veteran The Amazing Race (0.9), regularly scheduled in the 10:00 hour for the first time in over a decade. Race was an improvement on previous occupant Training Day but down noticeably from its last premiere, a 1.3 on a Friday in February 2016. Leading in was a soft return for the comedies The Big Bang Theory (2.5), The Great Indoors (1.4), Mom (1.3) and Life in Pieces (1.1).
- On NBC, Powerless (0.6) was back at 8:30 after being preempted for Trial and Error repeats the last two weeks, and hit a new series low (also only tying last week's T&E repeat). It led out of a repeat of Superstore (0.7). After that came a terrible showing from Chicago Med (0.9), at a new low by two tenths, while The Blacklist: Redemption (0.8) was actually up.
- TGIT had a strong night, with Grey's Anatomy (2.1) and Scandal (1.6) each growing by multiple tenths to their best numbers since mid-February. The Catch (0.8) was preliminarily up a tenth, which would tie its season high from the premiere.
- The CW also looked solid as Supernatural (0.6) and Riverdale (0.4) returned from hiatus, with the former rebounding from its series low.
- And Fox's MasterChef Junior (1.0) inched down to a new season low, leading into another 0.6 from Kicking and Screaming.