- CBS got bad news out of the series premiere of How to Be a Gentleman, which dropped almost 50% of its 8:00 Big Bang Theory lead-in on premiere night. That made it much weaker than the premiere of $#*! My Dad Says (4.0) last year during premiere week, and in fact the show didn't even manage $#*!'s average rating from last year (2.97). The show was a little stronger than Rules of Engagement's spring average in the timeslot (2.50), though those ratings came with lower viewing, more competition (American Idol) and smaller lead-ins. Very weak start.
- The news was only slightly less bad for CBS at 9:00, where Person of Interest, dropped a reasonable enough 13% from last week considering its huge lead-in decline. However, the show remains behind many of its fairly lofty expectations and pretty low on the CBS totem pole.
- The other new shows took even bigger declines. Prime Suspect remained barely ahead of Monday's The Playboy Club in the NBC don't-get-cancelled race, but it's certainly not looking good for this show either. Whitney dropped a disheartening 24% from last week, though it did have a weaker Office lead-in. And ABC's Charlie's Angels took a massive 29% drop at 8/7c.
- There wasn't a whole lot of good news on the second Thursday of the season, but Private Practice at least premiered pretty decently, retaining an above-average 78% of its Grey's Anatomy lead-in and down a reasonable 13% year-to-year.
- Several returnees also had double-digit drops in week two, like Grey's, The Office and
The Mentalist(adjusted out of the double digits in finals).
|The Big Bang Theory||14.74||4.9||15||43%||-4%||n/a||n/a||-2%||2/3||5.77|
|How to Be a Gentleman||8.98||2.7||8||38%||n/a||-45%||n/a||n/a||1/1||2.26|
|Person of Interest||12.51||2.7||7||28%||-13%||+0%||-47%||-13%||2/2||2.55|
|Parks and Recreation||4.33||2.1||6||62%||+0%||+17%||+6%||+0%||1/2||2.17|
|X Factor Thu||12.17||3.9||11||41%||-9%||n/a||n/a||-9%||2/2||4.10|
|The Vampire Diaries||2.74||1.3||4||61%||+8%||n/a||n/a||-4%||2/3||1.45|
|The Secret Circle||2.12||1.0||2||60%||+11%||-23%||+8%||-9%||2/3||0.89|
KEY (with much more detail at the New Daily Spotted Ratings page):
Viewers - The total number of viewers (age 2+, in millions) that watched the program.
A18-49 - Adults 18-49 rating. Percentage of US TV-owning adults 18-49 watching the program.
Share - Adults 18-49 share. Percentage of US TV-watching adults 18-49 watching the program.
Skew - Percentage of the total audience that falls in the 18-49 demo.
Last - A18-49 percent difference from previous episode.
Lead - A18-49 percent difference from lead-in program.
LeLa - A18-49 percent difference between the show's lead-in and its lead-in for the previous episode.
Avg - A18-49 percent difference from the show's average demo for previous original episodes this season.
Rank - The A18-49 rating's rank among the show's episodes that have aired so far this season.
TRUE - True Strength, a metric developed last summer that adjusts the A18-49 rating for overall viewing levels, competition and lead-in.
(R) - Repeat.
More Spotted Ratings in the Index.