- Despite week two drops, the ABC and Fox shows all came close to last week's R% numbers (which still mostly feel too high to me). Other than Nine-Nine, these shows dropped more in True than the projections guessed, but those were offset by the decreases in where we project the network averages to end up. The True formula is still very kind to Agents of SHIELD due to its incompatibility with DWTS, and it'll be interesting to see if it turns out to have been overrating it when it gets a younger-skewing lead-in in two weeks.
- The worst night according to the formula was actually had by Bull, which fell to 70% in week two. Again, a lot of this is about the network targets rather than the show itself, as CBS seems to be overachieving in general. But it was still only an OK week for Bull itself, and its projected late-season True dropped a bit.
- In the first full-fledged night of week two for primetime entertainment series, This Is Us (2.6) remained a huge winner. It was down just two tenths from its already stellar premiere, and still retained most of its The Voice (3.2) lead-in. This was actually tied with the second week of Blindspot (2.6) from a year ago, which is a huge compliment.
- On CBS, Bull (1.9) also held up fairly well in week two, shedding three tenths week-to-week and dropping behind its NCIS (2.1) lead-in. The network also had a reasonable positive at 10/9c as premiere week underachiever NCIS: New Orleans (1.5) ticked up.
- Elsewhere, though, the struggles got more real. ABC's Agents of SHIELD (0.9) shed two tenths from its decent premiere a week ago, leading out of two more hours of Dancing with the Stars (1.4/1.3).
- Fox also had a rough second Tuesday, with a downtick from Brooklyn Nine-Nine (1.0) and two-tenth declines from New Girl (1.0) and Scream Queens (0.8).
|Dancing with the Stars Special||1.3|
|Agents of SHIELD||0.9|
|NCIS: New Orleans||1.5|
|The Voice Tue Fall||3.3|
|This Is Us||2.6|
|The Flash (R)||0.3|
|Halt and Catch Fire||0.10|
The full table can be sorted by clicking any of the category names at the top. Hover over 'Last', 'y2y' and timeslot numbers for more information on the previous episode(s) being compared.