- FINALS UPDATE: MasterChef (1.2) adjusted up (to tie last season's premiere) and Wayward Pines (0.8) adjusted down to a new low.
- NBC dominated broadcast primetime for the second straight night with the return of American Ninja Warrior (1.7/1.8), which came very close to last year's 1.8 premiere on Memorial Day. Another year of raw numbers growth could be tough for Ninja Warrior unless it can blossom post-premiere once again, but it's still clearly a very strong show by summer standards.
- At 10/9c, NBC brought back medical drama The Night Shift (1.1) to middling results. In the context of last season, it doesn't seem that bad; back in spring 2015, it was often pulling 1.2's with high-2 The Voice lead-ins.
- On Fox, the return of MasterChef (1.1) was in the same sort of boat as ANW; it was very close to last year's premiere (1.2), but last year's premiere was seemingly in a much tougher spot. (In this case, it faced a lot of regular season finales.) Last year, it grew from that 1.2 premiere to mid-1's for most of the rest of the way. Is a similar trend possible here, maybe benefiting after Ninja leaves the night in a couple weeks?
- And it was another decent week for Wayward Pines (0.9) at 9/8c, which matched last week's premiere.
- On the eve of the NBA Finals, ABC had the two-hour finale of 500 Questions (0.8) leading into repeats of Modern Family (0.8) and The Goldbergs (0.6).
- CBS had repeats of Undercover Boss (0.9), Criminal Minds (0.9) and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (0.8). CW had an iHeartRadio special (0.2) and a repeat of Supernatural (0.2).
|Modern Family (R)||0.8||34%|
|The Goldbergs (R)||0.6||34%|
|Undercover Boss (R)||0.9||26%|
|Criminal Minds (R)||0.9||23%|
|Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (R)||0.8||25%|
|American Ninja Warrior||1.7||34%|
|The Night Shift||1.1||29%|
|iHeartRadio Pool Party||0.2||37%|
The full table can be sorted by clicking any of the category names at the top. Hover over 'Last', 'y2y' and timeslot numbers for more information on the previous episode(s) being compared.