- AMC's Preacher (0.80) looked pretty legit in its Sunday 9/8c debut, dropping by just a tenth after taking last week off and losing its Fear the Walking Dead lead-in. Leading out of Preacher, a preview of Feed the Beast (0.31) was less promising, and its first results in its regular Tuesday slot will be coming in later today.
- MTV shook up the scheduling of Scream in season two, airing it in an uncommon 11:00 ET slot leading out of Teen Mom on Mondays. It looked like a debacle last week, as the show opened with just a 0.22, but it did get back up to 0.27 this week. Still, its retention of Teen Mom (which had a 0.92 this week) was not good.
- Lifetime's Monday drama duo of Devious Maids (0.35) and heavily acclaimed UnREAL (0.21) were back, and there was no sign of the buzz doing anything for UnREAL's same-day ratings. It was down 28% from last year's premiere and tied the series low, though that was a slightly smaller y2y decline than Maids took (-34%).
- We finally have a dark red show in the Skew column as TNT brought back Rizzoli and Isles (0.58/0.52) to begin its final season. It was down 20% from the first two eps of last summer, a relatively acceptable decline these days on cable.
- Angie Tribeca was back on TBS, with a 0.29 at 9:00 and 0.22 at 9:30 leading out of American Dad! (0.50). This is pretty much in line with what it had done in the same Monday 9/8c slot earlier in the year. But since those episodes had technically been run before, in the 25-hour "Binge-a-Thon" on January 17, it was worth wondering if it could perk up a bit. Doesn't look that way so far.
- Disney Channel opened the new season of Girl Meets World with a 0.42 on Friday and 0.56 on Sunday. The spiritual successor to TGIF favorite Boy Meets World remains a relatively strong draw in adults demos by Disney standards.
- And after the Memorial weekend blues took a chunk out of the megahit Game of Thrones (3.25), it roared back to a near-season high 3.95 this week against NBA Finals competition. (And even this 3.25 was wayyy ahead of the 2.53 Memorial weekend ep from last year.) Three more chances to break 4.0 this season!
|Game of Thrones||HBO||7||3.95|
|Rizzoli and Isles||TNT||2||0.55|
|Girl Meets World||DISN||2||0.49|
|Feed the Beast||AMC||1||0.31||1||0.31||0.23||16||40%||60%|
|Young and Hungry||FREE||11||0.25|
|Odd Mom Out||BRAV||1||0.16||2||0.16||-59%||0.12||8||49%|
|House of Lies||SHOW||9||0.13|
The Cablemetrics table can be sorted by clicking any of the categories at the top (and a second click will sort in the other direction.) After having sorted by a category, you can hold SHIFT and click another category to sort by the second category within the first.