- News events caused USA Network to bump its Ryan Philippe drama Shooter to the fall, and it opened last Tuesday with a 0.50 demo rating. This is a better raw rating than the last two dramas to launch after the WWE SmackDown franchise: Colony in January (0.44) and Queen of the South in June (0.45). However, SmackDown (which recently relocated to Tuesday) was also a lot stronger itself... it averaged a 0.96 leading into Shooter after getting roughly a 0.7 for those other two launches. So it may be a little premature to say that Shooter did way better. However, it did seem like a pretty good demographic fit with the wrestling, skewing sharply male at 59%.
- TNT had some original programming news as well, with the modest Tuesday premiere of new drama The Good Behavior (0.21) and the season three opener of The Librarians (0.53) on Sunday. Librarians took a 40%ish drop in its sophomore season, but this point was only 16% behind the season two premiere, so maybe the bleeding will slow down for this show.
- On Showtime, The Affair (0.17) came back at just a hundredth behind last year's premiere... but it looks more disappointing in light of the fact that the show grew throughout last season, eventually as high as a 0.34 finale. Perhaps it will become another Ray Donovan, with post-premiere growth every season?
- And MTV's once potent Teen Wolf (0.25) was back with pretty light interest for its final run. It proved a pretty poor launch-pad for the new drama Sweet/Vicious (0.12), as well.
- Finally, TBS had a strong Monday with a new season high for American Dad! (0.62) and a new series high for its newbie lead-out People of Earth (0.38). The network managed to get 0.24/0.20 to stick around for the start of its 10-episode weeklong marathon of Search Party at 11/10c.
|The Walking Dead||AMC||5||5.17|
|American Horror Story||FX||10||1.33|
|Girl Meets World||DISN||17||0.27|
|People of Earth||TBS||5||0.38|
|For Better or Worse||OWN||9||0.20|
|You're the Worst||FXX||13||0.08|
The Cablemetrics table can be sorted by clicking any of the categories at the top (and a second click will sort in the other direction.) After having sorted by a category, you can hold SHIFT and click another category to sort by the second category within the first.