- FX opened 2017 with a strong start for new drama Taboo (0.63), beating every rating that Atlanta did in this Tuesday 10:00 hour during the fall. Unless it pulls a The Bastard Executioner-esque collapse from here, it's looking good.
- On Wednesday, FXX's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (0.44) was back to being one of the very youngest-skewing series on all of TV, and very nearly matched last year's opener. It led into the little-watched Man Seeking Woman (0.14), which took a bigger dip year-to-year.
- After over a year off, BET's Being Mary Jane returned to a 0.56 rating. That's strong stuff on today's cable, but still a steep 40% below last year's premiere.
- Last Thursday provided our first look at a regularly-scheduled episode of the ABC import Nashville on its new home CMT. After a multi-network simulcast preview back on December 15 (which added up to an 0.5ish but only had 0.11 on its home network), the CMT rating improved last week, averaging a 0.28 at 9:00 and 0.26 at 10:00. That would make it a middling cable original at best, but it is on a less-than-middling cable channel.
- And Freeform had the return of Shadowhunters (0.38) and premiere of Beyond (0.31/0.27) back on January 2, then saw both lose around a tenth (to a respective 0.27/0.17) in this Monday's airings.
|The Haves and the Have Nots||OWN||2||0.63|
|Being Mary Jane||BET||1||0.56||5||0.56||-40%||0.44||36||60%|
|It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia||FXX||1||0.44||7||0.44||-2%||0.33||26||76%|
|Girl Meets World||DISN||19||0.31|
|Man Seeking Woman||FXX||1||0.14||3||0.14||-18%||0.10||8||74%|
The Cablemetrics table can be sorted by clicking any of the categories at the top (and a second click will sort in the other direction.) After having sorted by a category, you can hold SHIFT and click another category to sort by the second category within the first.