- In the first week without Game of Thrones, nothing in the table broke a 1.0. But the lack of Thrones may have helped some other male-skewing players in the Sunday landscape; both Preacher (0.51) and Ray Donovan (0.33) upticked on Sunday, even on a low-viewed holiday weekend night. The only of the Sunday 9/8c staples that seemed to suffer from the holiday at all was The Last Ship (0.41).
- Turner renewed both the TNT drama Animal Kingdom and the TBS comedy Wrecked earlier this week, and the shows vindicated the decisions with double-digit upticks on Tuesday night. For Kingdom, the 0.50 represents a new series high, and the show generally skews a lot younger than TNT's other originals. So they seem to have something here. (Angie Tribeca also got renewed.)
- Week two of Queen of the South (0.48) was another encouraging one for USA; it has now topped Colony's season one high point in the slot, and continued to skew a lot more female than its WWE lead-in.
- Freeform's quest for new dramas has taken another unfortunate turn with Dead of Summer, opening to a 0.23 last week and dropping to a 0.20 this Tuesday. Of course, its Pretty Little Liars lead-in (0.56/0.53) is a shadow of the PLL that has launched most recent occupants, but we're still talking mere 40%ish retention here.
- Other returnees in the last week include FX's SexDrugsRockRoll (0.22), down big from the year-ago series premiere but pretty much in line with its late season one ratings. The same was true of Friday night Syfy dramas Killjoys (0.24) and Dark Matter (0.20) (though Killjoys was much closer to its last premiere).
|The Haves and the Have Nots||OWN||14||0.75|
|Pretty Little Liars||FREE||3||0.53|
|Queen of the South||USA||2||0.48|
|The Last Ship||TNT||4||0.41|
|Young and Hungry||FREE||15||0.27|
|Murder in the First||TNT||2||0.22|
|Dead of Summer||FREE||2||0.20|
|Hell on Wheels||AMC||11||0.19|
|Feed the Beast||AMC||6||0.13|
The Cablemetrics table can be sorted by clicking any of the categories at the top (and a second click will sort in the other direction.) After having sorted by a category, you can hold SHIFT and click another category to sort by the second category within the first.