- FINALS UPDATE: Undercover Boss (1.6) got a surprising two-tenth upward adjustment, putting it just a tenth behind last year's premiere. Miss Universe adjusted down to 1.6. And Sunday Night Football ended up with a season low 6.1.
- For the second straight year, CBS is giving Undercover Boss (1.4) a short Sunday run in December before it settles in as The Amazing Race filler on Friday. This premiere was down three tenths from the 1.7 opener from last December. It led into CSI: Cyber (1.1), which was above average as CBS bumped it up to near its normal start time and nixed a scheduled Madam Secretary repeat due to the length of the NFL overrun. Both shows started a couple minutes after the hour.
- After a successful return to broadcast on NBC last year, the Miss Universe Pageant (1.6/1.7/1.9) moved over to Fox this season and had another respectable showing. Though its controversial ending has generated a lot of buzz, with a 7:00 ET start time it was still down somewhat vs. last year's 2.0, when it aired from 8:00 to 11:00 in late January.
- ABC went with its usual late-December telecast of The Sound of Music (0.6/1.0/1.2/1.1), this time a sing-along version. It was down a bit from the low-1's level it's maintained the last few years.
- And Sunday Night Football (4.8/5.7/5.3) dominated but looks to have put up a relatively soft rating by its standards in the prelims. More after finals!
|Movie: The Sound of Music||1.0||27%|| |
|Undercover Boss||1.6||27%||n/a||1/1|| |
|Football Night in America p2||0.7||39%|
|Football Night in America p3||3.2||42%|
|Sunday Night Football||6.1||43%|
|Miss Universe Pageant||1.6||36%|| |
The full table can be sorted by clicking any of the category names at the top. Hover over 'Last', 'y2y' and timeslot numbers for more information on the previous episode(s) being compared.