- It was another healthy return to the stage for NBC's The Voice (3.1), down by just three tenths from the year-ago spring premiere (and two tenths below the fall 2016 premiere). But the early prospects do not look positive for new drama Taken (1.6), which started even lower than the fall bow of Timeless (which had a 1.8 out of a similar 3.0 lead-in). It could be more successful than Timeless if it holds up well, but the 1.8 -> 1.4 half-hour breakdown does not seem promising on that front.
- On ABC, a one-hour edition of The Bachelor (2.4) led into a very low-rated start for weeklong miniseries When We Rise (0.7), which had a 0.9 in the 9:00 half-hour but fell to 0.6 in the 10:00 hour.
- CBS tried to stay afloat by subbing a repeat of The Big Bang Theory (1.3) into the lead-off role. It was a tenth below last week's Kevin Can Wait, and Man With a Plan (1.2) also declined by a tenth, but Superior Donuts (1.2) and 2 Broke Girls (1.2) stayed even. Scorpion (1.1) was down a tenth at 10/9c.
- Fox mercifully got some stabilization in the fourth week for 24: Legacy (1.0) and APB (0.8).
- And the CW had an even Supergirl (0.7) leading into downticking Jane the Virgin (0.3).